A few times each year, Diana offers select opportunities to be led and mentored by her in your own journey for your creative voice.
Her current master class, called “Narrative Clay,” is a 5-week intensely personal journey designed to aid you in uncovering your artistic voice, or deepening the one you’ve already found.
Diana’s years of exploration into what defines personal expression and her own journey have made her uniquely suited to walk with you on this journey.
Still wondering if Narrative Clay is right for you? If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, then the answer is YES!
Have you developed a stockpile of techniques but when it comes to using them in a way that tells your own story, you become overwhelmed?
Do you avoid stepping into unknown creative territory because it makes you feel exposed or uncomfortable?
Do you spend a lot of time looking at other people’s work and wish you could do what they do?
Do you have a brilliant idea one day and then the next day feel like it’s not so brilliant anymore?
Or maybe you’ve already established a style and want to try something new? Then you’re in the right place! These questions will be the launch pad for developing your personal visual language and translate those ideas into your work.
1. I am new to clay. Is this online class for me?
This class is geared towards any ceramic artist looking to develop their voice and personal style. It’s recommended that you have some experience in working with clay to get the most out of the e-course.
2. Will there be technique-based tutorials?
This online class is not technique-based, but rather geared toward developing your own personal voice. Even so, this class will include some videos of me working in the studio, and offer occasional surprise technique demonstrations.
3. What materials will I need to take the e-course?
You will need internet access, a computer or iPad or tablet your preferred tools and clay, a sketchbook, and an open mind.
5. Is this a live class or can I watch according to my own schedule?
Both. There will be lessons that you can access at any time, plus scheduled live online video meetings that will be announced once the class has begun.
6. What can I expect to get from this e-course?
- Prompts and activities designed to focus on the development of your own personal visual language.
- Development of your own personal lexicon
- Videos of Diana sharing some techniques. These will be geared towards the unique direction of the class.
- Vibrant and insightful discussions and weekly online check-ins.
- Interviews with well-known ceramic and visual artists that will include specific questions on how they developed their voices on their journey towards creating their own unique styles.
- Weekly Virtual Field Trips
- Group Feedback
7. Can I access the e-course via my iPad or tablet?
Yes, you can access the online class via your iPad, iPhone, and tablets.
8. Do I need a high-speed internet connection?
Yes, you will need a high-speed internet connection to access the e-course and to participate in the video conferences and online demonstrations.
9. Will there be live sessions during the e-course?
Yes, there will be live demonstrations during the five-week class. These will be announced once the e-course has begun.
10. Will I get direct feedback on my work from Diana?
Yes, I will be working closely with you and will be giving direct feedback.
11. Do you offer refunds?
There are no refunds once you sign up, as there is password information that cannot be undone. Please be sure you can take the e-course when you sign up.
12. How long does the online class stay open after it ends?
The e-course will stay open for three additional months after the five-week guided session ends.
13. Do I need to have access to a fully equipped ceramic studio to take this class?
It is highly recommended that you have access to a studio to work in while taking the e-course in order to get the most out of the course. However, you can still work in a sketchbook and a journal to develop your ideas and work on your personal voice.
14. Will I have to participate by sharing my thoughts and experiences with others?
This online class is designed to be interactive, but don’t worry! We create a nurturing environment in which everyone can actively participate. The conversations and feedback often help students in their journey to developing their own voice, and we highly recommend joining in.
15. Will I have to share my work with others in the class?
“Have to” no. Recommended, encouraged, we can’t wait to see what you’re doing, then YES! This class is designed to help you develop your voice, so the more you participate the more you will get out of the class.
16. Will you be offering any one-on-one consultations during the e-course?
This class does not include one-on-one consultations, but rather general feedback and group discussions.
17. Our class would like to take your class, do you offer group discounts?
Not at this time. Please note that the registration fee is for one person only. Sharing the class content with a group or other non-registered people is not permitted. I ask that you please respect this policy.
18. What if I do not participate during the class, can I get a credit towards a future class?
There are no credits for non-participation in the class. Participation is your responsibility. Refunds and credits will not be offered.
19. I have some questions, how do I contact you?
Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.